PINK COAT CLUB PRIVACY NOTICE
V2. October 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION I COLLECT
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, I collect certain information from you, including:
- your name
- billing and shipping addresses
- payment information (including credit card numbers and PayPal identifications)
- email address
- phone number
I refer to this information as “Order Information”.
When you visit the Site, I automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, I collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
I refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
I collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO I USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
I use the Order Information that I collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, I use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen my orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with me, provide you with information or advertising relating to my products or services
- Where you have requested to be a member of my mailing list, I will also use your information to send you my newsletter and other related information. I will not sell or share information from my mailing list.
I use the Device Information that I collect to help me screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise my Site (for example, by generating analytics about how my customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of my marketing and advertising campaigns).
WHY DO I NEED TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
I process your information in order to fulfil contracts I may have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue my legitimate business interests listed above.
Where I process your information for my mailing lists, I do so with your consent and you are free to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting me on the email address below, or following the “unsubscribe” link in one of my emails.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I share your Personal Information with third parties to help me use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, I use Shopify to power my online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
I also use Google Analytics to help me understand how my customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, I may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a request which I am obliged by law to respond to, search warrant or other lawful request for information I receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Shopify, as a provider of website services may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications they believe may be of interest to you. Online behavioural advertising (OBA) is the collection (via cookies) of information about an individual's online browsing habits over time (such as websites visited, search terms entered and adverts clicked on) and its use to serve advertising targeted at that individual's interests, likes and dislikes.
Most OBA technologies track user behaviour by placing a tracking cookie on the user's terminal equipment when they access a website.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You have the right to access personal information I hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact me through the contact information below and I will discuss these with you.
Please note that your information may be transferred outside of Europe as part of the hosting of this site. Your data will not be sold by Pink Coat Club.
When you place an order through the Site, I will maintain your Order Information for my records for a minimum of six years from the date of your transaction. Where you have provided information as part of my mailing list, I will maintain that information until you ask me to remove you from that list.
For more information about my privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact me by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.