Don't worry, this hasn't miraculously transformed into a baking blog overnight! My birthday cake granola got a love of love when I shared it on my Instagram stories in May, and I just made a jar for my boyfriend's niece's birthday. Rather than try and cram the recipe in an Instagram caption, I thought I'd share it here:
- 450g jumbo oats (gluten free, if preferred)
- 190g maple syrup
- 120g olive oil (vegetable oil or melted coconut oil also work)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract / ground vanilla pod
- Sprinkles (check for gelatine!) - as many or as few as you'd like!
- Pinch of salt
- Mini vegan marshmallows (I use Freedom)
- Vegan white chocolate chips (I found some in Sainsbury’s)
- Freeze-dried raspberries (or serve with fresh raspberries if preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper or a silicone baking sheet
- Add the salt and sprinkles to the oats
- Combine the maple syrup, oil and vanilla
- Pour this mixture into the oats, stirring continuously
- Mix well, until oats are well-coated
- Tip onto baking tray, and spread into an even layer. Press it down with the back of a spatula - this helps form those chunky clusters!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
- Give it a thorough stir to stop the edges browning too much. Re-spread it into an even layer and give it a good firm press down
- Bake for another 12-14 minutes
- Allow to cool completely in the tin. Again, this helps form those lovely big clusters
- Once cooled, crumble it up and add marshmallows, chocolate chips, and freeze-dried raspberries (if using). I haven’t added quantities as I do this by eye and, let’s face it, add too many!
This will keep in an airtight jar for at least a week, although it doesn’t last that long in our house!
I served mine with fresh fruit and Alpro yoghurt on my birthday!
Thanks so much for reading my blog! While you're here, why not check out my range of sewing-themed gifts, accessories and stationery?
I have had to disable blog comments as I received hundreds of gibberish spam comments. If you have any questions or comments, you contact me here or via Instagram.