Goodness me, what a week!
We went from Jo (@theunfinishedseamstress) sharing this photo on Instagram and asking if anyone knew of any colourful sewing hashtags, to coming up with our own tag and launching a #brightsewing themed giveaway in just seven days!
Jo and I are so thrilled that #brightsewing has caught on and we’d love to keep the momentum going with a giveaway. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning one of our three great prize bundles - more on that below - is:
Upload an Instagram photo of yourself* wearing a brightly coloured home-sewn garment between 14th January and 31st January 2019, using the hashtag #brightsewing and tagging @pinkcoatclub and @theunfinishedseamstress in the caption.
(*or you can share a garment you've made for someone else but the garment should be worn. We can make an exception for underwear!)
You can sew something new, or why not use this as an opportunity to layer up one of your colourful summer makes?
Now for the important bit: The Prizes!
The winners will be selected at random and beginner sewists are welcomed with open arms. We will draw five winners, who will be randomly assigned one of the following four prize bundles:
Let’s brighten up our Insta-feeds this January with some colourful loveliness!
Terms and Conditions
- You don’t have to make a new garment and you can re-use a photo you have shared before, but your entry photo must be posted between 14th January – 31st January 2019
- Your photo must be uploaded by midnight on 31st January UK time to qualify.
- Only one of the garments in your outfit has to be home-sewn but please feel free to wear top-to-toe homemade if you’d like to!
- We don’t want to set “rules” for what counts as “bright” – you decide! We might draw the line at black, brown, grey and white though!
- You may enter as many times as you like, although each entry photo must contain a different brightly coloured home-sewn garment
- By entering this giveaway, you give Pink Coat Club and The Unfinished Seamstress permission to share your photo in their blogs, newsletter and on social media
- This giveaway is open worldwide, although please note that one of the prize bundles can only be sent to a UK winner as HappyFabric are unable to ship internationally
- Prizes will be allocated by us and we are not able to take requests. No cash equivalent is available
- You must have a public Instagram profile to take part
- This giveaway is not associated with Instagram in any way